Wednesday 10 September 2014

Trashed garden (oops)

I was a naughty boy today. But in my defense, I got stuck...

See, yesterday mum planted her corn plants, in a section of my running track. She fenced it off and thought she had stopped me getting to the corns... She was mostly right, but sadly wrong.

Let me explain...

The postie came past, and I bark at him. Mum wants me to stop that behaviour. I have a habit of running from one side if the yard to the other and back again. Well, I got to one side, slipped under the fence mum put up and got stuck. Thus, I ploughed her corn plants. Somehow I managed to get out without breaking myself, but by then, the damage was done.

Mum says that if I hadn't been barking at the postie, then I wouldn't have gotten stuck on the wrong side of the fence.

She went out, fixed the mess I made, planted some new corn seeds and found some plants still relatively undamaged. She gave them all a good water and put the fence back. Its somewhat stronger and a bit more "Hannibal" proof! She even bashed in some tent pegs to stop me accidentally slipping under the fence!

So far, her fence adjustment has worked! I just hope that her plants grow.

I did tell her I was sorry. Mum really wants me to learn to like the postie.

Wishing you many happy barky days!

Hannibal

No comments:

Post a Comment