Sunday 31 August 2014

A little about me

I am an almost 2 year old German Shepherd. My mum calls me a big handsome boy, and a few other things, that I won't repeat here! I don't want to ruin my reputation...

Firstly though, there is something I need to clear up.
My name is Hannibal. And when mum or dad, or the cub, tell people my name, it is almost instantly assumed I am named after a fictional movie character who enjoyed eating his own kind with a bottle of some drink... That is not who I am named after.
On the contrary, if you do a little research into Roman history, you will find the crazy man I am named after!

Oh, I've just realised that I haven't changed my profile photo... Oreos mug is still up there! I might need mums help for that! She knows where she stores all her photos of me. But that will have to wait a while. She's a bit sick at the moment. Then again, the cub and dad are a bit sick too! I'm the only family member (other than Clever, the yabby) who is healthy!

If I was allowed to, I would climb on the bed and keep mum warm. But, I'm not allowed on the beds. Mum says I would take up too much room.

I don't really like other dogs, so I guess that's why I'm not miss Schadows first choice in a dad. We didn't really get along when I went to meet her! I'll blame Lucy for that. See, when I was a tiny pup, I'd only been in my forever home a few days, when Lucy (a bitser-mongrel) decided  to hop over the fence and show me her huge teeth and stinky breath. Now, even though I was a bit mean to Razzy the cat, he jumped into the frey and protected me. This small fluffy cat bashed a dog to protect me. Granted, he didn't like Lucy either! He protected me several times from that wayward dog. And even now, Lucy gets out of her yard and takes herself for a walk. Leaving her owners wondering where she's gone this time. She doesn't come into my yard anymore. I told her off after she upset Razzy when he was sick.

And as for Razzy. Mum still misses him, and she hugs me for comfort! I like mummy hugs, however, she won't let me lick away her tears.

I know I have a forever home. And its not just because mum and dad paid a lot of money for me. My belly is hardly ever empty. I have toys and a blanket. I get hugs and pats. I get brushed. And I have the spot on the floor right in front of the fire. During summer I can walk in and out of the house at my own leisure. I wish every dog had such loving parents.

Well, I think I'd better go... Got a house and yard to guard!



Wishing you many happy barky days!

No comments:

Post a Comment